Ever wondered about making miniature models yourself? Imagine turning your designs into one of those 3D miniature models you find in various RPGs. Sounds cool, right? Well, you can do it yourself with the help of a 3D printer, just like most manufacturers do it.
And it’s not worthless; you can even make a business out of it if you wish to. But to do all that, you will need the best 3D printer for miniatures that give you high-quality miniature models.
That’s why we bring you a list of printers that produce great miniature models. So let’s get right into it and find out which one suits you more.
- Best overall: Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer
“As we already declared for the best value and performance, Ender 3 Pro 3D is a great choice. It’s the best overall 3D printer you can get for miniatures.”
- Best performance: ELEGOO Saturn MSLA 3D Printer
“For the highest of capability and performance, you can go for the ELEGOO Saturn MSLA 3D Printer.“
- best in budget: Monoprice MP10 Mini 3D Printer
“If you are on a tight budget and want a decent quality printer, then Monoprice-134438 MP10 Mini 3D Printer is a good option to check out.“
How did we pick the best 3D printer for Miniatures?
It’s an obvious question to ask why you should rely on our opinions about these printers. Well, we are a tech support team for 3D printers. So, we have been doing this for a while now. But, to give the best support, we have to go through most of the 3D printers ourselves and learn all about them.
When we set out to find the 3D printers for miniatures, we started with our research. First, their basic components and qualities make them a good printer for Miniatures. And then, we looked in-depth into each product and its user experiences. Later on, we tested them ourselves and had our experiences with them.
So, what you are getting here are the printers that passed through user experience and our tech team experiences and made it to this list. These are the top choices, so you can’t simply find anything better than these overall.
3D printer for Miniatures Reviews
You must be willing to know why these made it to the list of best printers for miniatures. So let’s look at each of them to find out why they are worth checking out.
1. Ender 3 Pro 3D – Best overall
Creality 3D printers have a name for themselves. They ensure quality is high and keep the price reasonable. The Ender 3 Pro is a clear example of that. It’s an upgraded version of the Ender 3, which was a popular choice already on its own.
Something to love about 3D printers is the upgradability that they offer. This one doesn’t lack it at all. With the use of an open-source feature, you can improve the performance of this printer further to the point where it becomes a beast.
Coming to the printing quality of this one, you won’t have any complaints with it whatsoever. It can rival many expensive printers with the performance it puts out there. So, you can rely on the performance for any kind of miniature model printing.
As a beginner, you will love using this printer for sure. It’s very easy to use, and once you go through the initial assembly, you can reap the results from this amazing printer. In addition, you can get a lot of help from the communities online that provide various information about using this printer solely because of the popularity this line has.
We can keep praising it, and this won’t end. But one thing you can never ignore is the affordability factor. This printer is an absolute value for money product. The quality, performance, and features far exceed the expectation you would have at this price range.
Ender 3 Pro 3D Specification
- Print volume: 220 x 220 x 250mm.
- Printing speed: 180 mm/s.
- Connectivity: SD card reader.
- Material: Polylactic Acid
- Weight: 18.96lbs
- You get excellent results in quality and performance from this printer.
- It offers upgradability so you can constantly improve the performance of your printer.
- It’s easy to use and set up also you will find a lot of guides and information about this one on the internet.
- It comes with a power recovery mode that lets it resume your printing task in a sudden power failure.
- The printer is a value-for-money product that doesn’t hit your pocket very hard.
- It requires some tweaking and upgrades to reach its full potential.
- The tech support of the printer isn’t satisfying.
2. ELEGOO Saturn MSLA 3D Printer – Best performance
Right now, you are looking at the absolute best 3D printer you can find for printing miniatures. It’s fast, provides high-quality prints, easy to use, has a large printing volume; in short, it’s everything you want in a 3D printer. No matter who you are, you will love this one regardless of your personal preferences.
Who doesn’t like something that saves up their time? This is what you get on this printer. The printing process is just too quick, and that doesn’t affect the printing quality one bit. So, what you get on this is high-quality printing with the fastest printing speed as well.
This printer is capable of printing large models with ease. The volume on this one is 7.55in x 4.72in x 7.87 in. Adding to that, you can work on multiple models on this one, which makes things much more productive and efficient.
Set up and installation of this one is very simple. You get a clear instruction manual, just follow that along, and you are good to go. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to set this up and start using it.
Apart from that, with any kind of issues in usage, you can always look up on the internet, and you will find a solution there. Learning the Chitubox needs some knowledge that you can easily get from YouTube videos.
ELEGOO Saturn MSLA Specification
- Print Volume: 192 x 120 x 200mm
- Printing speed: 30-40 mm/h.
- Display: 3.5-inch touch panel
- Materials: UV resin
- Connectivity: USB
- Weight: 22lbs
- This printer produces high-quality printing results throughout its usage.
- The building area is large enough to work on some decently large models.
- You get phenomenal printing speed on this one; the multiple model printing saves up a lot of time.
- It’s very easy to set up and start using, shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
- Using the YouTube guides, you can get the best results and reach their maximum potential.
- This one is completely worth the money you pay for it.
- It is particularly wrong with this one.
3. Monoprice-134438 MP10 Mini 3D Printer – best in budget
Finding a good quality 3D printer on a budget can be very hard. To make things easier for you, we bring the Monoprice MP10 printer. It comes at an affordable price with decent quality in printing that does the job for daily printing purposes.
You get an aluminum frame that is sturdy enough to ensure this lasts several years for the built quality. And in terms of looks, you will get the simple, functional vibe of regular 3D printers from this one.
With the simplistic design, a great advantage you get on this is super easy assembly. It comes almost assembled out of the box. Then, all you have to do is set it up a bit for the first use. To do that, you just secure the frames in a place, and that’s it.
As for the performance, it’s not going to exceed your expectations or surprise you with speed. But it’s not bad either; it’s something of a decent-performing printer that you can get for casual printing purposes.
The sole reason it’s attractive is the price of the printer. Getting the print quality you get on this at that price point is kind of a shocker. You can’t find 3D printers at this price point that can last for some time and work for a while as well.
- The print quality is pretty good on this printer.
- It’s easy and quick to set up and doesn’t require any complicated process.
- The design is very simple but comes with a sturdy aluminum frame.
- You will love the affordable price this one provides.
- The printing size is quite large, which is always a good thing to have.
- It’s not the perfect printer for miniatures and requires some upgrades.
- You have to do the bed leveling manually.
Do you want to make some detailed yet small figures? Then, this is a great printer that you must check out. It comes with top-quality printing capability that gives every model the perfect details you need on them.
If you only work with smaller models or miniature models, this should be just the thing for you. It’s super compact and lightweight, which makes it very easy to store and move around. In addition, it can fit on any kind of home desk or table with ease.
Well, don’t let that small size fool you because it doesn’t lack quality or performance. This one comes with a true 4K LCD that ensures you get the highest of definition in your prints every time. As for the printing surface, it’s 6.1”, which is more than enough for miniatures.
With some proper care and maintenance, this printer is sure to last for a long time. Furthermore, all the materials are of high quality. You simply shouldn’t have any doubts about the durability of this printer at all.
Whenever you get stuck with something about the printer, you can simply take help from tech support. The tech support is very responsive and always there to help you. You won’t be stuck with any problem while using this printer, that’s for sure.
PHROZEN Sonic Mini 4K Specification
- Print Volume: 132.08 x 73.66 x 129.54mm
- Printing speed: 80 mm/h.
- Display: 2.8-inch touch panel
- Materials: UV resin
- Connectivity: USB
- Weight: 11lbs
- With the 4k LCD and UV array, you get the best quality of prints with fine details.
- The UV array makes the printing process much quicker than you anticipate.
- You will have no questions regarding the durability of this printer.
- Printing with this one gets very easy because of the responsive LCD panel and quick firmware.
- Using the printer is very simple; you just have to plug in the USB with all the files and press a button.
- It involves some complications in the assembly, which isn’t a good thing for beginners.
- You may face some issues with the layer lines at times as it causes printing failure.
Want a good printing experience? Then this is the printer you will need for your satisfaction of printing miniatures. It might not be the fastest to print, but it surely does a great job of printing high-quality models.
A good thing about this printer is that it comes completely assembled, so you won’t have to stress over that at all. However, you will need to go through some leveling and adjustment settings needed for optimal printer performance.
The software to use this printer is super easy and simple. It also works very well in bed leveling. So you won’t face any issues with the usage of this printer whatsoever. And for any kind of information, you can always look up the communities on Reddit, Facebook, and other sites.
The printing quality on this one is highly satisfying. You will get excellent details on your printed models that are visible throughout the print. Along with the components, it has is pretty solid, which gives it much more stability than you would expect.
While all that is there, you also get to enjoy the compact nature of the printer. It’s very easy to move around and store. As it doesn’t require too much space, you can keep it anywhere on your desk.
ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 3D Specification
- Print Volume: 192 x 120 x 245mm
- Printing speed: 60 mm/h
- Display: 3.5-inch touch panel
- Materials: UV resin
- Connectivity: USB
- Weight: 23.69lbs
- This is a compact and well-built printer that serves your purpose effortlessly.
- You get detailed printing experience using this 3D printer.
- The printer comes pre-assembled, so you don’t have to go through any hassle of assembly.
- You will get great support from the community surrounding the users of this printer.
- The software you get with this one is very convenient and easy to use.
- You can’t get the best performance from this printer right off the box; it takes some time to reach its potential.
- The printing speed isn’t very fast, so you have to put in your time on this.
6. FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
This printer fulfills the need for a versatile printer with all its functionalities and features. In addition, it has got a decent-sized building platform and heavy-duty build quality. And that’s not all with this one; it comes with some other features as well.
With the sturdy metal frame, you get much more durability from this printer. Also, the build quality gives this one better stability while printing which is a great advantage. And with the removable acrylic cover, maintenance becomes much easier.
The ease of assembly is something to admire about this one. It already comes assembled right out of the box, so that’s just one less step for you to use this one. Of course, you can start using this as it comes, but it’s preferable to go through some tweaks and adjustment settings for better printing results.
What you will love the most is the compatibility with different filaments. You can use a variety of filaments to print your desired models the way you want. You can even get third-party filaments that aren’t meant for this printer specifically, which is a great option to have.
The printing performance and quality you get from this one are very satisfying. You won’t have any complaints about the quality at all. The models come out as detailed as anyone would want them to be. Even the most challenging mini sculptures come with the best possible details every time you print them.
FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro Specification
- Print Volume: 227 × 148 × 150 mm
- Printing speed: 100 mm/s
- Materials: ABS, PETG, PLA, PVA
- Connectivity: USB, SD card
- Weight: 41.88lbs
- This is a competent printer that provides excellent quality and performance.
- The build quality is impressive and assures you of long-lasting durability.
- It’s not limited to printing only one type of material; you can try various printing materials.
- The filament compatibility on this is truly commendable.
- The printer comes assembled, so you don’t need to spend time on assembly; however, it needs some tweaking for better performance.
- The printer is cumbersome and isn’t portable at all.
- You have to adjust the bed leveling on this one manually.
7. PHROZEN Sonic Mini UV
Need something fast and cost-effective? Well, this is a printer you can try out for those purposes. This is a good 3D printer considering all the different aspects and features it provides.
Starting with the build quality, it’s quite good. You shouldn’t have any complaints regarding the material or build they have on this one. It comes with an LCD gasket and linear rail, which are things to like about the building. Also, even though the chassis is plastic, it feels durable. And the overall mechanism is also very convincing.
As for the printing quality, you will love it. The prints you get from this one are great and don’t take too much time either. And, you don’t need to use Phrozen specific resin to get your desired results; you can use any resin you want on this one.
Using this one isn’t very hard either. It’s the basic process you follow for any other resin 3D printers out there. You just have to follow some tutorials if you are doing this for the first time, and you are good to go.
Something to love about this printer is the value for money aspect. It gives you a quick printing speed that is surreal to have at the cost you are getting it. And the quality of the print is also quite decent. So you won’t have any complaints if you are looking for a rapid solution to your printing needs.
PHROZEN Sonic Mini UV Specification
- Print Volume: 248.92 x 248.92 x 307.34 mm
- Printing speed: 50 mm/s
- Materials: UV resin
- Connectivity: USB
- Weight: 9.9lbs
- This is possibly one of the fastest 3D printers you can find at the price range.
- It’s very reasonably priced and doesn’t affect the performance that much.
- You can use third-party resins on this one; it doesn’t require a company-specific solution.
- The printer is fairly simple to use and doesn’t involve any complex process.
- The built quality of this printer is decent, and the mechanism is worth mentioning.
- You will have issues with the build plate as it’s completely flat; the resin just sticks there, making it difficult to clean.
- The prints are quick, but they aren’t flawless and lack details.
8. Wanhao WD7V15 Wanhao Duplicator 7 V.1.5
Are you looking for a printer to use casually? Then this may be a good pick for you. It’s not the most professional 3D printer, but it comes at a very low price. So, this is a great option for anyone who doesn’t need to have the best quality or performance and needs some 3D models casually.
With the build size, you can expect decent printing sizes on this one. You can even go for some larger print models on this printer. It does a decent job of printing them.
The best thing about this 3D printer has to be the resin compatibility. You don’t need any specific Wanhao based resin to use on this one. Instead, you can use any resin that has a wavelength of 405nm. This is a great option to have on your 3D printer.
Let’s cut right to the chase with this one; you will be getting this only for the low cost it provides. Compared to the other printers in this list, the cost is the only aspect where it shines better than the other ones. As a result, it’s a great go-to option for people who don’t need a 3D printer regularly.
Wanhao WD7V15 Wanhao Duplicator 7 V.1.5 Specification
- Print Volume: 20 x 68 x 180mm
- Materials: UV resin
- Connectivity: USB
- Weight: 9.9lbs
- Technology: DLP
- It’s a super affordable and cost-effective solution for 3D printing.
- The build size is quite good and large enough for heavy models.
- It doesn’t require any specific resin to print; you can use any resin with a 405nm wavelength.
- The printer is pretty lightweight.
- It’s also quite durable and heavily built.
- The software and functionalities don’t work properly.
- It has a lot of flaws with the design and accuracy of printing.
While you are on the subject of buying a 3D printer, you have to go through several considerations; considering these factors will help you make a wise decision on choosing the perfect 3D printer for your needs. Let’s take a look at them.
- Accuracy of details: If you are serious about making miniature 3D models, then precision in details is an important factor. You would want a printer that gives your model intricate details which pop up evidently.
For example, a miniature character model becomes just a model if you can’t even recognize the face. And for capturing the face in a miniature model, your printer must be capable of providing detailed print results.
- Heat and cooling: Always look for the balance of heat and cooling in your printer. Especially for the miniature models, you have to consider the cooling component. Because with too much heat, a small model can easily start to deform without you even knowing too much about it.
Also, on smaller models, it doesn’t take time to complete a layer. So, when it fails to cool that layer and another layer starts printing, it can become a disaster. Along with that, you would also want proper heat because you don’t want your model to get stuck in the printing platform either. That’s why going for a balance is important.
- Stability and durability: Durability doesn’t matter too much in a 3D printer as you won’t be moving them around much. Still, it’s good to have a durable printer by your side. Also, durability can add up to be more stable. Stability is something you would want to have in your printer for sure.
Without a stable printer, your pieces won’t come out as perfect or refined as you would expect. Obviously, when your printer is unstable, the printing process will lose its accuracy and start shaking, so the result will never be good. This is why it’s important to look for a stable 3D printer.
- Size: If it’s about miniature 3D models, you won’t have to worry about the build size at all. However, if you want to save time and print multiple models at once, it’s better to go for a larger build size. And it never hurts to have some extra space, either. So, a larger built size is always better.
- Material compatibility: You will mostly come across resin-based printers. In such cases, try to look for a compatible printer with third-party resins rather than the specific resins the manufacturers make. Aside from that, if you find an option compatible with many other materials such as ABS, PETG, PLA, PVA, then trying going for them.
- Printing speed: Usually, you should be looking for a printer that has a very fast printing speed. But for smaller pieces, it’s better to have a speed of 20 to 30mm per second because of the quick layer formation. In addition, you would want to slow down the process to prevent the deformation of the model.
- Ease of assembly and usage: It is not the most important factor to consider, but it can affect your decision. Especially if you are a beginner, you would want to get something easy to assemble and use because some printers can be very tricky to use without prior knowledge and experience. Also, if you fail to assemble the printer correctly and calibrate it properly, you may end up with a broken printer. This will just ruin your whole experience.
This is why it’s important to look for something easy to assemble and use. If not, at least it should have support from the instructions or videos, or communities surrounding the usage.
After going through all these considerations, you can think of the price. Typically, all the 3D printers that come with similar quality are priced the same way, so you might have to sacrifice something. It can be either features or performance, or quality to get a lower price.
another 3D Printer review: Toybox 3d printer review
Going through all this information may raise some questions in your mind. Here are some common questions you may have about 3D printers-
Q-1: How long does it take to print miniature models?
- Well, this depends on the printer you are using and its printing speed. Typically, for better quality and details in your miniature, you have to give it more time. With more time, the quality gets better. It can take around 2 to 4 hours for an average printer to print a miniature model with proper details.
Q-2: What are the different materials for 3D printing?
- There are a variety of materials that you can use for 3D printing. For example, PLA and ABS are some of the popular choices. Besides that, you can use different flexible materials like TPE or TPU. You can even use nylon materials for 3D printing purposes. Then some other components are infused with either PLA or ABS to create different textures and features.
All in all, choosing the best 3D printer for miniatures can be overwhelming because you can’t base your decision on the build size as it doesn’t matter. However, there are things like speed, quality, details, and accuracy that can help you decide.
If you are having difficulty choosing among the ones, we listed then we are here to help. As we already declared for the best value and performance, Ender 3 Pro 3D is a great choice. It’s the best overall 3D printer you can get for miniatures.
Aside from that, for the highest of capability and performance, you can go for the ELEGOO Saturn MSLA 3D Printer. It’s a bit expensive but worth every penny you spent on it. But if you are on a tight budget and want a decent quality printer, then Monoprice-134438 MP10 Mini 3D Printer is a good option to check out.
These are our suggestions if you know what purpose you want. But all the other one also serves various needs and come with great quality so you can check them out too.