Cosplay, does that ring any bell for you? Well, it should, considering how popular it has gotten lately. You can be a part of that popularity; sounds exciting, right? But the question is how?
It’s simple; you can make cosplay items using a 3D printer. Whether you want to cosplay or you want to make them for others is your choice. In any case, getting a 3D printer will never be a waste because of the immense growth of the cosplay industry.
Don’t know where to start? Let’s start by buying a 3D printer. To help you out with that, we have lined up the best 3D printers for cosplay that you can find out there. Intrigued to have a look, no?
Let’s hop in then.
How Did We Pick the best 3d printers for cosplay?
What gives us the right to choose the best options? Well, we have years of experience working with 3D printers. Being a tech support team for 3D printers, we worked with all sorts of printers and know what’s best for your needs.
When it’s about making cosplay items, better details make better cosplays. That’s the gist of choosing the printer. We went through the internet and user experiences of these printers to check them out. Then we tried them out ourselves to judge their worth.
In the list below, you will compile our experience and other users’ experience with these printers. We can assure you, no matter which one you choose; you leave with satisfaction.
While choosing these options, we kept different types of options open for you. They have unique features that play a huge role in making your decision. So, let’s begin.
DREMEL 3D45 (Best in quality and performance)
Don’t you want the best quality printing experience for your cosplay gear? Then go for the absolute best printer like this one.
Typically, you will face shrinking issues with ABS filaments. That’s not the case for this one, thanks to the heated bed it has. Because of that, every print you make on this comes out with perfection without any shrinking issues.
Things don’t just end there with this. You will have no trouble building larger cosplay items on this one because of the build volume it offers.
- Dimensions: 23 x 18.75 x 18.75 inches
- Weight: 42.8lbs
- Build volume: 254 x 152 x 170
- Build plate material: Glass
- Filament types: PLA, ABS, PETG, NYLON
- This printer has a high-quality, durable build
- You get excellent printing quality from this one
- It’s super easy to clean because of the removable build plate
- With the full enclosure system, it doesn’t get very loud
- Even as a beginner, you won’t have trouble using it
- It’s quite expensive
- You can’t use aftermarket filament spools on this one
Monoprice – 15365 Select Mini 3D Printer v2 (Best affordable printer)
Let’s get real here; if you are just starting on 3D printing, you may not want to invest too much, then this is it. It’s an affordable choice in the market of 3D printers. What about the quality?
First up, the printing quality on this one is exceptionally well for the price. We were awestruck to see the quality that it brings.
You don’t have to have prior experience to use this, making it a great choice for beginners.
- Dimensions: 11.3 x 7.5 x 13.5 inches
- Weight: 10lbs
- Build volume: 120 x 120 x 120 mm
- Build plate material: Aluminum
- Filament types: PLA, ABS, wood, dissolvable PVA, metal
- This is an affordable printer for anyone starting out
- You get a decent quality of printing on this
- It’s very easy to use and clean
- The printer is compact and lightweight
- It supports various filament types
- It’s a mini printer, so you can’t get large models out of it
- The printing quality falls behind in comparison to expensive printers
ANYCUBIC Mega-S 3D printer (Best overall)
Getting exceptional printing results doesn’t have to be expensive. This printer proves that statement effortlessly. You get absolute value for money on this 3D printer, and you can feel it with every print you make.
While that goes on, it comes with a large enough build volume for making extraordinary 3D models. The 210 x 210 x 205 mm build volume takes away all your worries about the sizes of your cosplay accessories.
Coming to the performance of this printer, it will leave you speechless. The precision and stability you get from this one are commendable. And you get top-notch performance from the printer without doing any upgrades at all.
- Dimensions: 16.14 x 15.95 x 17.83 inches
- Weight: 24.25lbs
- Build volume: 210 x 210 x 205 mm
- Build plate material: Acrylic
- Filament types: PLA, PVA, ABS, Metal, TPU, Wood.
- This is an absolute value for money printer
- You get a large enough build volume on this
- It’s very easy to set up and use for everyone out there
- It has print resume functionality for sudden power cut situations
- This is compatible with most types of filaments
- Any third-party purchase doesn’t come with tech support.
Monoprice Maker Select Plus 3D Printer
Don’t like to assemble stuff and want to use things right away? Then this printer will surely please you in that part. Within minutes of unboxing, you can start using this for printing.
It’s not only about easy assembly; it’s also about ease of usage when you get this. All you do is load the super simple filament and start up the printer to print.
As for the performance, you will not have any complaints about the precision of this machine. It prints models very accurately and gives you excellent results. Also, the build area is quite large.
- Dimensions: 20 x 19.5 x 11.2 inches
- Weight: 22lbs
- Build volume: 200 x 200 x 180 mm
- Build plate material: Aluminum
- Filament types: PLA, ABS, Wood, PVA, metal
- The quick assembly makes it a very attractive choice
- You will have enough build area on this printer
- It supports most filament materials
- It’s also very easy to use
- The prints come out with extreme accuracy
- It takes quite a long time to print
- The durability may be questionable
Dremel Digilab 3D20 3D Printer
We all love to see those intricate details on printed models, don’t we? This printer delivers to that need very well. It captures the details in every print model effortlessly without having to spend a lot of time.
For the people starting, the quality will be satisfying beyond their needs. Along with the quality, it has got an easy and safe operation. Even a kid can use this one properly for making their RPG models and have fun.
Going back to the performance, this one yields quick results with good accuracy. Now, this is something rare to get in your 3D printers.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 13.39 x 13.78 inches
- Weight: 15.43lbs
- Build volume: 228 x 150 x 144 mm
- Build plate material: Acrylic
- Filament types: PLA
- You can get very detailed prints of your models
- The printer is super easy to use with the touch screen
- It can print very quickly and accurately
- The machine is quite durable in itself
- The build area is quite large
- It doesn’t support third-party filaments
- It’s only compatible with PLA filaments
ADIMLab Gantry Pro 3D Printer
Are you a beginner but in a hurry to do some 3D printing? Then get this printer which comes almost assembled and ready to use at hand. And if you are new to this, you will love to use something simple.
Along with the simplicity in assembly and looks, this comes with great power. It has got 24V power packed up, which also supports resumable printing operation. Could it get any better?
Yes, it gets better when you look at the large build volume it has. You get an astounding 310 x 310 x 410mm to build volume for getting some large and top-quality models ready.
- Dimensions: 20.47 x 21.6535 x 24.41 inches
- Weight: 26.46lbs
- Build volume: 310 x 310 x 410 mm
- Build plate material: Lattice Glass
- Filament types: PLA, PETG, ABS, Metal, TPU, Wood.
- This has an extremely large build volume to suit your needs
- You get powerful operations from this printer
- It has simple looks with easy assembly
- The printer comes with resumable functionality
- It’s worth your money for sure
- Manually leveling the bed on this one can be a bit tricky
- The printer doesn’t seem very sturdy
Creality CR-10 V3 3D Printer
When it comes to power for 3D printers, you can always rely on a printer with a Meanwell power supply. This one comes with a 350w variant of that power supply for absolute powerful performance throughout your printing.
After packing it with great power, manufacturers gave it a setup that is easy to assemble. So, what you get is a powerful machine that you can assemble without spending hours behind it. Now, that’s what we like to hear, isn’t it?
Is that the end? Well, let’s just say we haven’t begun yet. There are many things to love about this, but the best one has to be quick heating without much noise. This makes your life so much easier and comforting.
- Dimensions: 21.65 x 16.54 x 25.59 inches
- Weight: 25.35lbs
- Build volume: 300x 300 x 400mm
- Build plate material: Carborundum glass plate
- Filament types: ABS and TPU
- This printer is super easy to assemble
- It comes with a great power supply for better efficiency
- The bed heats up very quickly
- You get a large build volume on this printer
- There are lots of upgradable options you can go for
- It’s not compatible with all the different types of filaments
- It’s a bit expensive
LEGO Mars 2 Mono
This is the printer that we can is the absolute best for making mini 3D printed models. Starting from quality to ease of use to tech support, it doesn’t lack anything at all. So, if you require a printer to satisfy your miniature 3D models need, this is it.
Will beginners love it? We don’t see why not. It comes with the easiest setup you can ask from a printer, along with software that doesn’t need much tweaking.
We sound very excited about this one, don’t we? The reason is its capability of capturing the intricate details in your 3D models. You will love the resolution it gives you after every print.
- Dimensions: 7.87 x 7.87 x 16.14 inches
- Weight: 13.67lbs
- Build volume: 129 x 80 x 150 mm
- Build plate material: CNC Aluminum
- Filament types: Resin
- This printer is super lightweight and compact
- It gives you great details and quality in printing
- You don’t have to go through a lot of maintenance
- It’s very easy to use and assemble
- This one is surely worth the money
- The build area may not be sufficient for some models
- It only works with resin
da Vinci mini Wireless 3D Printer
If you are constantly moving around from place to place, this printer suits your need. It has got wireless functionality, and it’s super compact, so you can take this anywhere and work on your 3D projects.
The best of this printer has to be the feature that it doesn’t require any complex assembly. You can get it out of the box, load up the models you want to print, do some settings, and you are good to go.
You get quick and easy printing with this 3D printer. It doesn’t take too much time to print partly because the build volume isn’t as large as others. Still, it does save up a lot of your time for printing mini models.
- Dimensions: 13.19 x 15.36 x 14.18 inches
- Weight: 3.53ounces
- Build volume: 152 x 152 x 152mm
- Build plate material: Aluminum
- Filament types: Non-toxic PLA
- The printer is very compact and easy to carry
- It comes with wireless functionality for convenience
- It’s super easy to assemble and use
- The printing operation on this is pretty fast
- It has auto-leveling calibration
- The print quality isn’t that great
- You can use third-party filaments for this
Creality CR-10S FDM 3D Printer
We will be ending on a big note with this printer here. It has got a large build volume, and it yields great printing results for you. Well, why wouldn’t it? This comes from Creality, who are renowned for putting out quality 3D printers.
If you want a quality printing experience without having to put too much effort, this is it. First of all, setting this one up shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes. And if you know bed leveling, then you can do that very easily on this one.
Now, let’s talk quality here. It gives you precise and detailed printing results every time. You won’t have to worry about the filament compatibility on this one, either. It works with most kinds of filaments out there.
- Dimensions: 25.2 x 20.87 x 11.02 inches
- Weight: 30.8lbs
- Build volume: 300 x 300 x 400mm
- Build plate material: Aluminum with tempered glass
- Filament types: PLA, ABS, TPU, Wood, Carbon fiber
- This feature quite a large build platform
- It doesn’t take too much time to setup
- You get top quality printing results
- It works fast and gives your quick printing
- You can use a lot of different filament materials
- It’s not the best option for beginners
- The bed leveling can be a bit tricky to figure out for some
Buyer’s guide for best 3d printers for cosplay
It’s very easy to get confused when you have so many quality options to choose from. What to do in such scenarios?
The best thing to do is go for the one that suits your needs. How do you find that? To find that out, you have to go through several factors and consider them into your buying decision to end up with the best possible product for your needs in particular.
So, let’s check out the things you should consider before buying a quality 3D printer-
This is a tricky thing to decide, but it’s important to consider. If you buy a 3D printer for cosplay items, you will need a printer that prints medium-sized models. Many cosplay costumes require various accessories that aren’t very large neither very small.
A build volume from 150mm to 300mm height and width can be a good choice. You don’t need too much height either for cosplay accessories. And you never want the printer to be very small because it can’t contribute to your cosplay in any way.
This is surely the most important thing to consider for a 3D printer. Especially when you are cosplaying, you will want your items to be top-notch quality and sturdy enough. Also, the models you print need to have proper details on them.
Details on cosplay items can make or break the deal for a cosplayer. So, you will need a printer that can put out details on the printed items.
Ease of assembly
Well, you can get a lot of benefits out of this factor if you are a beginner. Even if you are not a beginner, you would want to have something that doesn’t involve complex assembly. Anyone will love to have a machine that takes minutes to assemble and start using it right off the bat.
You should go for a printer that is easy to set up. Aside from that, it’s important to make sure that bed leveling is easy to calibrate as it’s a very important aspect of getting good quality prints.
Ease of usage
Surely, you will want a printer that’s super easy to use. Especially if you are just learning to use a 3D printer, you don’t want to go through all those difficult settings or operations.
You should go for a printer that has simple software and doesn’t require much configuration in such cases. This way, you can figure out the different functionalities of a 3D printer. However, if you are an advanced user, you should prefer something that offers you intricate settings for better results.
It’s important to get a printer that comes with quick operation and accuracy in printing. This can dictate the quality of printing you will get. However, fast printing isn’t the thing you should strive for as it can sometimes affect the quality of the models.
So, consider having a printer that works very accurately and gives you quality printing. It doesn’t have to be the fastest, but if it provides quick operation, it doesn’t hurt anyone, right?
Usually, you will need to consider what things you want to make. A little secret, you would want a higher number of filament compatibility. The more filaments you can use, the better it is for you.
Why? Certain filaments are suitable for certain items of cosplay. For the small intricate items, nylon is a great filament. For the larger suits, you can get something durable like wood and metal.
Going through these factors can help you a lot in finding your perfect 3D printer. After you consider all these, you can count on the factor of price. Just a tip, as a beginner, you don’t want to spend too much, as you can find much high-quality yet affordable choices out there.
All in all, finding the best 3D printers for cosplay won’t be that difficult when you know what you are doing. If you know the size of cosplay materials you want to make, you can narrow down the options by a lot. But if you are still having trouble, we can suggest you some specialties.
So, if you are looking for an affordable entry-level printer, we suggest you go for the Monoprice – 15365. If you don’t mind spending money and want the absolute best quality, we suggest DREMEL 3D45. But if you are on a limited budget but still want a decent build volume and quality printing experience, ANYCUBIC Mega-S 3D printer is the way to go.
Quite frankly, all the choices we have listed come with quality and good performance. It’s just a matter of your preferences and needs when it comes to choosing one.
- 1 How Did We Pick the best 3d printers for cosplay?
- 2 Detailed Reviews
- 2.1 DREMEL 3D45 (Best in quality and performance)
- 2.2 Monoprice – 15365 Select Mini 3D Printer v2 (Best affordable printer)
- 2.3 ANYCUBIC Mega-S 3D printer (Best overall)
- 2.4 Monoprice Maker Select Plus 3D Printer
- 2.5 Dremel Digilab 3D20 3D Printer
- 2.6 ADIMLab Gantry Pro 3D Printer
- 2.7 Creality CR-10 V3 3D Printer
- 2.8 LEGO Mars 2 Mono
- 2.9 da Vinci mini Wireless 3D Printer
- 2.10 Creality CR-10S FDM 3D Printer
- 3 Buyer’s guide for best 3d printers for cosplay
- 4 Final thoughts