Are you planning to start up a business where you will need a laser cutter to make things? It can be a great tool for you to start with crafting different kinds of items. So, if you search for the best laser cutter for small businesses, I have got the perfect thing for you.
I have been working with a laser cutter for a long time, so I go through many different laser cutters. One thing I found about laser cutters is that they usually come at a good cost. But you may not want to spend that much money if you have a small business.
Keeping that in mind, I bring you some affordable laser cutters with decent professional power that will be perfect for your small business. Without wasting any time, let’s jump right into it.
- 1 Top 9 laser cutter for small business
- 1.1 OMTech 80W CO2 Laser Engraver Cutter – Best overall
- 1.2 OMTech 40W CO2 Laser Engraver Cutter
- 1.3 Glowforge Plus 3D Laser Printer
- 1.4 BobsCNC Evolution 3 CNC Router Kit
- 1.5 Dremel LC40-03 40W CO2 Laser – The best performance
- 1.6 TEN-HIGH Upgraded VersionCO2 400x600mm 50W
- 1.7 FoxAlien LE-4040 Desktop Laser Engraver
- 1.8 ORTUR Laser Master 2- Best budget pick
- 1.9 MathRose A5 laser engraver CNC 20W
- 2 Buyers guide for quality laser cutters
- 3 Final thoughts
Top 9 laser cutter for small business
All the laser cutters I have listed below have enough power for light to medium professional laser cutting. They will easily suit any kind of small business out there. Let’s check them out one by one-
OMTech 80W CO2 Laser Engraver Cutter – Best overall
Right off the bat, this laser cutter is a great deal for the price you pay. It comes with quality performance and at a reasonable price to compliment your small business. As for the features, it has got quite a lot of them.
Due to the digital display on the laser cutter, it’s much easier to use than you may think. With this display and control panel, you can easily access some advanced functionalities of the laser cutter.
Along with the modern display, you get excellent safety measures on this as well. There is an auto-shutdown feature that will stop any laser work once you open the cover. So, you stay safe even if you make the mistake of opening the cover without stopping it.
Coming to power, you simply have nothing to ask here. Because you get a whole lot of power on a laser cutter that serves all your purposes flawlessly, you can engrave on various materials without having to think twice when you have this one at your business.
- Machine Dimensions: 47.2″ X 34.3″ X 36.6″
- Engraving Speed: 0-23.62 in/s
- Working Size: 20″ X 28″
- Weight: 330lbs
- Material: Metal
- This laser cutter comes with a water cooling system to prevent overheating
- It has got great safety features
- The easy to use digital display and control panels are great for beginners
- It has got great power for light to medium laser cutting; you can even try out some heavy projects on this as well.
- This laser cutter is an absolute value for money product
- The water-cooling system has some flaws here and there
- You will need to tweak the main door as it gets out of alignment
OMTech 40W CO2 Laser Engraver Cutter
Sometimes all you need to run your small business is a compact laser cutter. This can be a great pick if you need a laser cutter to do some lightweight engraving and cutting. It’s affordable and provides you quality laser work while being portable as well.
What you will love about this is the setup of this laser cutter. As a small business, you are probably beginning to use a laser cutter, which suits your need perfectly. It’s super easy to set up and use even if you haven’t used a laser cutter before.
Coming to the performance of this one, you shouldn’t have any complaints whatsoever. This delivers the power it promises to you. If it’s about cutting wood and acrylic, this will do the job without any stress.
A great thing you get on this laser engraver is the cooling system. Most of the time, overheating can be a crucial issue for a laser machine. But with the internal cooling system, you don’t need to worry too much about that issue for this laser cutter.
- Power: 40W
- Machine Dimensions: 31.4″ x 19.7″ x 17.7″
- Working Size: 12” x 8”
- Weight: 50.6lbs
- Material: Metal
- The laser cutter is super easy to set up and use
- It’s very compact and lightweight for home usage
- It comes with decent power to work on lightweight projects
- This laser cutter is affordable
- The built-in cooling system prevents overheating issues
- The water pump you get with this isn’t that good
- It’s not the best for heavy laser cutting work
Glowforge Plus 3D Laser Printer
If you are going for a business that will be dependent solely on your laser cutter, then this is the thing you need. It comes with professional quality performance, but the price is a bit high. So, you will have to consider the cost as an investment for your business.
The best thing about this laser engraver is the scope for creativity. You can make a design with a pen on our material, and the laser printer will do your job flawlessly. This way, you don’t have to rely on pre-made designs; you can come up with your design instantly.
While it’s cool and functional, it’s also very easy to use. Whether it’s setting up the printer or using it, you can do everything without any hassle. And the live camera preview on this printer just adds to the convenience.
You don’t have to worry even a little bit while working with this one for the most part. Because it comes with several safety certifications from different sources, even kids at school can use this one safely without having any trouble at all.
- Power: 40W
- Machine Dimensions: 47 x 28 x 19 inches
- Working Size: 19.5” x 11”
- Weight: 113.8lbs
- Material: Plastic
- This one gives you professional quality laser cutting and engraving
- It’s very easy to set up and use.
- It looks very premium and elegant.
- The laser printer packs up enough power for light to medium work.
- Working with this laser engraver is very safe
- The laser printer is a bit expensive for hobbyists
- The software doesn’t work without an internet connection
BobsCNC Evolution 3 CNC Router Kit
Don’t like working with heavy stuff? Then try this super lightweight laser engraver. It is made of Baltic birch wood, which gives it lightweight construction while everything else provides the power you need. This is a great small laser etching machine for your business startup.
Let me clear out one thing; this is not a laser cutter for cutting through metals. You can rely on this one for some lightweight laser work. And the quality you get is something you can be satisfied with for sure.
While the laser engraver is lightweight, you still get some solid construction going on. When you assemble the whole thing properly, you will see how sturdy this engraver stands. You don’t have to worry about it breaking down while working.
There is nothing to complain about this laser engraver after you take a look at the price. Because the price you pay for this will exceed any expectations, you may have from the laser machine. So, you get the value you would expect from this one.
- Power: 600W
- Machine Dimensions: 25 x 19 x 25 inches
- Working Size: 16″ x 18″
- Weight: 26lbs
- Material: Wood
- This is super lightweight and easy to move around for convenience
- It packs up a decent power for laser work on wood and other such materials
- The whole laser engraver is quite sturdy and holds up well
- It’s a value for money laser cutter if you want to work on wood
- The instruction manual for assembly is pretty straightforward
- It’s not good for engraving or cutting on harder materials
- The accuracy isn’t that good on this laser engraver
Dremel LC40-03 40W CO2 Laser – The best performance
I will cut right to the chase with this one; here you are looking at the absolute best laser engraver you can get. It excels in power, precision, performance, quality, looks, and even safety. The only thing that may concern you a little is the price of this thing. But let me tell you, it’s completely worth it.
First of all, this is a professional-quality laser engraver, so the performance you get on this is nothing to question about. It gives you excellent accuracy and great power for laser work on wood, glass, leather, cardboard, etc. You will simply have no complaints with this laser engraver.
The best thing about this one is the safety features. It has got UI certification for safety on laser work. So, you will never have to worry about any risks involving laser work while using this laser engraver which makes it a great commercial laser engraver.
Everything just becomes better for this laser engraver when you come to the looks of it. It has got some sleek and elegant designs that make it look very premium, which it is. You can just be satisfied looking at it, and the performance will feel just a bonus.
- Power: 40W
- Machine Dimensions: 37 x 27.5 x 14.1 inches
- Working Size: 12″ x 20″
- Weight: 90lbs
- Material: Metal
- This laser engraver looks very premium and stylish
- It comes with UI safety certification
- The laser engraver packs up quite a lot of power
- The engraving and cutting is very accurate and precise
- You will have no issues of overheating due to the external cooling system
- It’s quite expensive
- This isn’t the best for personal business or very small businesses
TEN-HIGH Upgraded VersionCO2 400x600mm 50W
Well, guess what? I have got another high-grade laser cutter and engraver to solve all your problems. This one is a top-quality laser engraver that comes with excellent performance and power. And if you need some rapid laser work done, this is the thing you need.
The best thing about this one is the accurate and quick laser work you get from this. Now, this is something you can’t usually find on other laser cutters. Speed and accuracy on this one are truly commendable.
Another thing to love about this one is the easy assembly—no need to spend hours behind setting this up. You can do it within a short time; all you need to do is watch a video on YouTube.
Along with all that, the option to work on various kinds of material is a blessing in disguise. It will help you add versatility to your product which can be very useful for the growth of your business as well.
- Power: 50W
- Machine Dimensions: 44.09 x 31.5 x 27.56 inches
- Working Size: 15.75″ x 23.6″
- Weight: 220lbs
- Material: Metal
- The built quality of this laser engraver is very solid
- It performs exceptionally well with great power
- You don’t need to go through much trouble in setting this up
- Using this laser engraver and cutter is also very easy
- You can engrave or cut a variety of materials except for metal
- This is an expensive laser cutter
- It can be a bit bulky for some
FoxAlien LE-4040 Desktop Laser Engraver
Now, here I have got something quite the opposite from the previous laser engraver in this list. It’s super compact and slim, so you don’t see any bulk anywhere. Also, this is a great laser engraver for an affordable price and is just perfect for personal use.
While this may not seem like a powerful laser engraver, it packs up a lot of punch. You get great precision in the cuts that will leave you satisfied throughout your laser engraving process.
For the work area, it’s not that big for heavy projects. But if you are doing some lightweight laser engraving or cutting, this is more than enough for you. And if your need is DIY projects, this is the best you can get.
The best part of this laser engraver is the assembly. It is super easy, and you don’t need to be an expert to set this up. Also, the customer service from the company is so responsive that you can rely on them to guide you through the process.
- Machine Dimensions: 25.2 x 22.83 x 9.06 inches
- Working size: 15.75” x 15.75”
- Weight: 12.54lbs
- Material: Aluminum
- This laser cutter is very easy to install and use
- You get great cutting results from this one on various materials
- It’s completely worth the money you pay
- The work area it has is large enough for any DIY project
- It comes with the best tech support you can ask for
- There aren’t many safety features included in this.
- The dot could be smaller for a better accuracy
ORTUR Laser Master 2- Best budget pick
Here is something you will love to use if you have a little knowledge of laser engravers or cutters. This is lightweight and compact for everyone to use; also, it’s very affordable. So, this can be a great laser cutter for any small engraving business out there.
If it’s about cutting wood or any other such material, you have nothing to worry about with this one. You will love the experience because it will be smooth sailing for you. The power you get on this is enough to take you through some wood and acrylic with ease.
There is nothing to complain about the cutting area you get on this laser cutter. It’s large enough for any kind of DIY or small projects you want to do. Whether it’s cutting or engraving, the work gets done flawlessly.
This is a great laser cutter for businesses that don’t completely rely on laser cutters. You can get past projects where you need to use a laser on wood, and it doesn’t cost too much.
- Power: 1200-1600mw
- Machine Dimensions: 22.44 x 21.65 x 6.9 inches
- Working size: 15.75” x 16.93”
- Weight: 6.89lbs
- Material: Metal
- You get excellent results for any kind of lightweight project
- The working size is more than you will need for small projects
- It’s not bulky or heavy so that you can use it to your convenience
- The laser engraver is very reasonably priced and great for small businesses
- The build quality is quite good for an affordable laser engraver
- It lacks proper assembly instructions
- The software for laser engraving on this isn’t that great
MathRose A5 laser engraver CNC 20W
Here is another laser engraver and cutter for some quality light engraving work. With this engraver, you won’t need to pay a whole lot to get good laser engraving results. The performance and precision of this engraver are more than satisfying.
Whether it’s your first laser engraver or you are already professional at this, you will love working on it. It’s super easy to assemble and use, which makes it a great choice for beginners. And the top-quality functionality will satisfy the advanced users a lot.
I loved the build quality a lot because it truly exceeded my expectations. You will love the material and the overall built of this laser engraver. This is built to last for a long time, so you don’t need to worry about the durability of this engraver.
Coming to the power aspect, you do get what they promise you. It’s not the most powerful laser cutter or engraver out there; it cut through metal but can engrave on it. However, this will become your next big passion that much I can tell on pieces of woodworking with this.
Last but not least is the affordability factor of this laser engraver. You get all those features and quality on this small engraver at a reasonable price tag.
- Power: 20W
- Machine Dimensions: 23.62 x 22.44 x 10.63 inches
- Working size: 16.14” x 15.75”
- Weight: 10.98lbs
- Material: Metal
- This is a great quality laser cutter and engraver for light-duty work
- The built quality of this one is quite impressive
- You get a decent amount of power from this one for smaller projects
- It’s a very affordable laser cutter if you are looking for a small business
- The precision and speed of the laser cutter is commendable
- This is not good for heavy-duty projects at all
- It comes with a flawed instruction manual for assembly and usage
Buyers guide for quality laser cutters
It can get pretty rough when you are out there looking for the best product for your business. It gets harder when you are looking for something for your small business. Because usually, quality comes at a price.
However, aside from the price and quality, there are some things you have to consider for the best laser cutter. Especially for your small business, you will need to put extra care into those aspects. Because it can be an investment for you, and you don’t want this to fail at any cost.
That’s why you should always consider the following factors when buying a quality laser cutter for your small business.
The kind of accuracy of a laser cutter has determined the performance a lot. If the laser cutter can’t produce accurate cuts, there is no point in using a laser cutter in the first place. So, this is a factor that you must always put as your priority. And there is nothing to debate here. You will need accuracy for the best possible laser cutting and engraving work; there is no roundabout way of going through this.
This is where you have to use many calculations and make most of your consideration. Because when you are getting a laser cutter for your small business, it’s an investment you make.
For every investment, you would want a return or profit. Now, depending on how much you will be able to get back, you will need to determine the budget of your laser cutter.
The price varies based on power, performance, and quality. If this is a primary machine for your business, you should opt for a powerful and great-performing laser cutter. Cutting down on cost there and going for a low-quality laser cutter will harm you even more.
But if you are getting the laser cutter for irregular, lightweight projects, you can get some quality laser cutters within a budget.
Well, from a business perspective, this doesn’t matter too much. Because if you are running a small business, you probably have an office; hence you have enough space for a laser machine. However, some laser machines can be quite bulky, mostly due to their capability of working on heavy materials.
Also, you should go for a laser cutter that can accommodate the material size you will be working with. There is no point getting a larger size when you only work with smaller materials and vice versa.
This can be a huge deal, but at the same time, it’s pretty easy to decide. Since you are getting a laser engraver or cutter for your small business, you already know the material you will be using. So, get a laser cutter based on that material for compatibility.
To make things easier for you, if you are sure you will work with metal, then that’s all you need to decide because any laser cutter or engraver that works on metal will work on any other material.
Now, power can be a subjective factor to consider. Because you don’t always need to have the most powerful laser cutter or engraver, if your work or business involves using materials that don’t require too much power, then the extra power is a waste. So, you have to go through this factor based on your needs.
The simple way to look at this is that if you need a laser to work on metals, you should go for power. Otherwise, lower-powered laser cutters are more than capable of working on wood, acrylic, leather, and other such materials.
To sum up, getting the best laser cutter for small businesses can vary depending on your business needs. Whether your business is based on laser cutting products or just needs a laser cutter to prepare materials plays a huge role in deciding.
If you were to ask me, I would have 3 recommendations for you based on different factors.
The first one is the Dremel LC40-03 40W CO2 Laser if you think of going on a full-on laser business. But if you need to do some laser work with power and quality every once in a while, then OMTech 80W CO2 Laser Engraver Cutter will suit your needs perfectly. Lastly, if you need a laser cutter for some lightweight work, the best budget pick is ORTUR Laser Master 2.
These three are top-notch products based on different criteria. But, all the products I listed come with excellent quality, so you can choose any one of them based on your needs.