It’s time to get you a top-quality and high-performing dual extruder 3D printer. I have brought you a list of the best dual extruder 3D printer. What’s special about these?
Well, I went through some serious research and gathered information about these. Starting from the manufacturer’s description to actual user experiences and reviews. However, my research didn’t stop there as I went ahead and tried them out myself.
All I can say is when you pay for a machine; you want it to perform well. That’s why the ones I chose to keep on the list ensure never to let you down. Ready to get amazed? Then let’s get the show started.
- 1 Best dual extruder 3d printer reviews
- 1.1 TENLOG TL-D3 Pro- Best overall
- 1.2 HICTOP Tenlog D3 pro
- 1.3 JGMAKER Large 3D Printer
- 1.4 Monoprice-113860 Maker Select
- 1.5 BIBO 3D Printer
- 1.6 XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 Pro
- 1.7 Ultimaker S5 3D Printer
- 1.8 Sindoh – 3D2XQ
- 1.9 FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
- 1.10 QIDI TECH 3D Printer
- 1.11 Raise3D 101016001 Pro2- Best professional grade
- 1.12 Geeetech A10M 3D Printer- Best budget pick
- 2 Buying guide
- 3 Final words
Best dual extruder 3d printer reviews
What’s interesting about the choices here is that they all have their unique feature. This surely makes things easier for you to decide on the one that suits your needs the best.
TENLOG TL-D3 Pro- Best overall
Adding multiple colors into your 3D models always sounds interesting. With this handy printer, you can get the ability to print two colors at once. As it comes with a dual extruder, you won’t have to worry that the colors can bleed.
Next up comes the quality of printing on this one. I just loved how they came out so perfect every time. The results seemed to be extraordinary with a .15mm layer height, and there was no room for complaints whatsoever.
If you don’t know too much about the CURA software settings, you can relax a bit. Because even with the default profile settings, the printer yields quality results. However, if you are used to the settings, this printer opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
As for the build quality of the printer, I don’t have any complaints. It looks and feels quite sturdy, and they sure didn’t compromise on the material for sure.
One thing I would like to add here is that it’s not the best entry-level printer. You can get the true value of this printer if you know what you are doing.
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimension: 23.23 x 20.47 x 29.92 inches
- Weight: 45lbs
- Print volume: 300*300*350mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, PLA, PVA, Wood, Metal, Nylon, and more.
- This printer comes with excellent features like mirror printing, duplication printing, and double-material printing.
- It has got print resume functionality for a sudden power outage.
- This one can detect the shortage of filament and stops printing
- You get excellent printing quality on this one.
- The durability of this printer is praiseworthy
- This isn’t the best pick for a first time 3D printer
- The nozzles can heat up fast
HICTOP Tenlog D3 pro
Need to print out multiple 3D parts in quick succession? Well, then this printer can help you out with that. You can use the mirror and duplication printing mode on the printer to print similar parts simultaneously. Now, that’s how you save time in printing.
It’s not the largest printer in the world, so along with time, you get to save up space. This can be set up on a table with ease and gives you a lot of room to work with. Even with my little computer desk, I didn’t have trouble finding a place for the printer.
I don’t know about you, but I love products that are super easy to assemble. And I loved this one a lot for the easy assembly aspect. Even with a slow pace of work, you should be able to set this up and running within 40minutes of unboxing.
While it’s easy to assemble, it’s also quite sturdy in construction. You get the solid base that doesn’t wobble around too much. After leveling it once initially, I didn’t have to do anything else, even after 10 consistent prints using this.
What I had trouble with this printer was the SD card connection. There is no major flaw with the printer, but the SD card wasn’t the best of quality in my case.
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimension: 25.2 x 22.8 x 9.8 inches
- Weight: 44lbs
- Print volume: 300*300*350mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, PLA, PVA, TPU, Wood, Metal, Nylon
- The printer is super easy to assemble with a simple bed leveling process
- It gives you quality printing with exciting features like mirror and duplication printing mode
- The sturdiness of the printer is sure to satisfy anyone out there
- This printer doesn’t take up too much space
- It’s an absolute value for money product you can get
- There are some minor issues with the print quality
- The tech support isn’t the best to deal with
JGMAKER Large 3D Printer
As an advanced user of 3D printers, I can say the quality and performance of the printer are top-notch. Considering the price of this printer, you will get more than you ask from it. However, if you are a beginner, maybe you should opt for something else.
Coming to the quality of prints, you simply can’t complain about anything at all. The few prints I did on this printer surely exceeded my expectation. I believe they will exceed your expectations as well.
Something lovable about this printer is the upgrade options you get. There is a whole community that comes up with mods for the printer. You can simply add those mods to your printer and boost the performance even further.
I have an issue with paying attention to my filament running out. That’s why I just loved the filament run-out detection feature this printer has. As soon as the filament goes out, the printer will make a noise and stop printing completely.
What you might have trouble with this printer is the assembly. Even though the initial setup isn’t that difficult, leveling the bed is a bit trickier. So, it can be a bit troublesome for the beginners out there.
- Material: FA special magnetic platform
- Dimension: 25 x 24.5 x 12 inches
- Weight: 44lbs
- Print volume: 300*300*340mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, PLA, TPU, Wood, PETG
- The print quality you get on this is quite impressive
- It comes with great upgradability options through the community mods
- The initial setup of the printer just involves two steps and is quite easy
- It’s a value for money printer
- This one comes with some handy features that can be very helpful
- The bed leveling can be difficult for beginners
- The firmware it has could be sturdier
Monoprice-113860 Maker Select
Monoprice has a name for making entry-level 3D printers that come with certified quality. So, I wasn’t surprised by the ease of operation on this printer while consistently giving out quality prints. And, it comes at an affordable price as well.
Now, the best thing about this printer is the upgrades that you can do on this one. To be honest, you will need the upgrades eventually after spending some time on this printer. Otherwise, this printer may turn out to be a disappointment for you.
You will love it as a beginner because of the complete ready functionality of the printer. It doesn’t require any assembly and has everything you need to start printing right away. It took me around 10 minutes to set this up and start using it.
I would say the use of cheap materials on the printer takes away the reliability factor. It does have some parts that feel cheap and may malfunction sooner than you can expect. You can’t completely rely on this one to last long enough.
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimension: 19.7 x 18.9 x 11.2 inches
- Weight: 1.41 ounces
- Print volume: 200 x 200 x180 mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, PLA, PETG, TPU, PVA, HIPS, Jelly, Foam
- The printer is very easy to set up and use
- It’s super lightweight to move around
- The compact size makes it great for smaller setups
- It offers various upgrades and updates with mods
- This is a very affordable choice for beginners
- It comes with some cheap parts inside
- You can’t get the proper potential without upgrades
BIBO 3D Printer
The first thing to come to my mind after seeing this printer was durability. And, let me tell you, I wasn’t wrong one bit. If you are looking for high-grade built quality on a printer, this can never disappoint you.
Even though it looks a little intimidating initially, this is fairly simple to set up and use. The instructions you get for the assembly and usage are crystal clear and easy to follow through.
Now, speaking of the quality, I was not surprised at all. I expected it to yield great results, and this one delivered to my expectations. The dual extruders on the printer work exceptionally well on the printer; I was thoroughly impressed with it.
A complaint you might have with this is the smaller print volume. Considering the price, the print volume seems a bit lower. However, it does have a lot of features that justify the price.
- Material: Glass
- Dimension: 21.65 x 20.16 x 17.24 inches
- Weight: 40lbs
- Print volume: 214*186*160 mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, PLA, HIPS, TPU, PETG, Nylon, Carbon fiber
- The build quality is exceptionally great on this printer
- It’s very easy to use with the touch screen panel and Wi-fi control.
- You will love the print quality of this one once you start working with it.
- It has got print resume functionality for a sudden power outage
- The printer is super easy to assemble, and the instructions are very clear
- The build volume isn’t up to the expectations
- It’s quite difficult to change the nozzles
XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 Pro
There aren’t any printers out there that work great right out of the box. You have to level the bed and calibrate it properly. Now, what’s great about this one is that calibrating this printer was a breeze and didn’t feel like torture at all.
As a beginner, you will love the printer because it’s super easy to use. It doesn’t involve any complex process that may require too much knowledge. You just get it out, set up, and calibrate to start printing your models.
I loved the fact that it supports 3rd party filaments. This way, you don’t have to rely on the only brand of filament, which can be troublesome due to availability concerns.
One thing I would like nitpick on this one is the scanning feature. Even though it’s unique, it’s not that effective, and the scanning is just bad. So, if the scanner is interesting for you to buy, you might not be satisfied.
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimension: 27 x 23 x 21.8 inches
- Weight: 60.4lbs
- Print volume: 198 x 198 x 127 mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, PLA
- The printer quality is quite good and sturdy
- It comes with Wi-Fi connectivity for easy access
- This one has a very simple mechanism for hassle-free bed leveling
- It supports 3rd party filaments, so you won’t have to worry about the filament stock
- The laser etching on this printer is very impressive
- It comes with a scanner that doesn’t perform well enough
- The printer can be a bit heavy compared to the build volume
Ultimaker S5 3D Printer
Let’s take a look at something professional level here. It’s not just about lightweight 3D printing for DIY projects. So, if you search for some professional-caliber 3D printer, this is the thing you are looking for.
This one comes with a whopping 33 x 24 x 30 cm dimension that is large enough to build any model you want. It’s surely not for making mini models. So, big 3D projects can get a lot of help with this because the print quality will never be questionable with this printer.
Once you get the hang of using this one, you will love the print results every time. Its precise, quick, and detailed results left me speechless at times. However, you will need to know a thing or two about 3D printing as this is a professional-grade printer.
While all that is good, it does cost quite a lot. This can be a deal-breaker for many people, especially if you want a printer for personal use; this isn’t the thing.
- Material: Metal
- Dimension: 23.62 x 25.59 x 30.71 inches
- Weight: 45.3lbs
- Print volume: 33 x 24 x 30cm
- Compatible Filament: PLA, Nylon, ABS, CPE, PP, PVA, TPU
- This one gives you professional quality printing results
- It comes with a large build volume for bigger projects
- The build quality is quite good and uses premium materials
- Even with a large size, it’s pretty lightweight
- This is very quick to set up
- This isn’t suitable for personal use
- It’s very much expensive
Sindoh – 3D2XQ
The thing about this printer is that it has gone through quite a bit of controversy. However, those controversies aren’t that valid because once I used this one, I could see the quality it packs. The machine is built quite well as well.
When you start printing on this printer, you will have a great experience because of the noise-free operation. It doesn’t make any loud noises which is a very calming experience in 3D printing.
As for the quality of the prints, I have nothing to complain about that. It’s quite good and gives satisfying results every time. The good thing about this printer is the set-up time is very low; it takes about 20 minutes to start this thing up.
Now, the tricky part here is starting this printer. Many times, the SD card software chip moves away from its place during shipment. Then you have to remove the back panel and then insert the SD card back in even to start this thing up.
- Material: Metal
- Dimension: 18.35 x 19.29 x 22.56 inches
- Weight: 2.2lbs
- Print volume: 228 X 200 X 300 mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, Metal, PC, PLA, PVA
- The built quality of this one printer is impressive
- It’s super lightweight, which makes it easy to move around
- The printing quality is quite good on this one
- You can set this up in 20 minutes or so.
- The low noise level of the printer makes it a great choice
- It has issues with the SD card connection on the back
- This printer is a bit overpriced
FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
I am a big fan of versatility which led me to like this printer a lot. It comes with great versatility that allows you to do quite a lot of things with the printer. On top of that, the build quality and print quality exceed expectations for the price you pay.
What I loved the most about this printer is the stability it has while printing. That stability mostly comes from the heavy build quality of this machine. With the combination of both these features, you get absolute satisfaction from the printer.
Now, your satisfaction will reach newer levels as you will find the assembly process is too easy. You don’t need to spend hours on setting this up for use. You can just take it out of the box and start using it right away with some customizations in the settings.
While everything works out very well, there are some issues you may face. I found this to be a bit heavy considering the purpose and build volume. So, you can’t move this around too much, unlike other miniature 3D printers.
- Material: Air-craft grade aluminum
- Dimension: 16.14 x 22.05 x 18.9 inches
- Weight: 24.25lbs
- Print volume: 226 x 147 x 150mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, PLA, PVA, HIPS, PETG, TPU, TPE
- You get great performance and quality from the printer
- It comes with long-lasting durability with the metal construction
- The filament compatibility is impressive on this printer
- It’s completely assembled, so you don’t need to worry about that
- With some basic tweaking, you can get astonishing results
- The printer is quite heavy, and you can’t move it around
- Leveling the bed of this printer manually can be a bit troublesome for beginners.
QIDI TECH 3D Printer
When you are forgetful like me and forget to do regular maintenance, you will need this kind of printer. This printer doesn’t require too much maintenance, making it an attractive choice to many people out there. You don’t have to lose your mind while you use this one.
I used it for a while, and my god, the quality impressed me to the core. It comes with clean prints every time if you are using good quality filament. While it gives you great quality, it’s super easy to use at the same time.
On top of that comes the easy assembly and set up for the printer. You don’t need to go head over heels to figure out how to set this up. Even the bed leveling is quite easy to follow through.
The minor issue this printer has is with the software it comes with. It’s not the best software in the world for 3D printing, and it needs some work. However, it’s not the worst either; you can make do with it somehow.
- Material: Air-craft grade aluminum
- Dimension: 22.8 x 21.1 x 18.5 inches
- Weight: 39.7lbs
- Print volume: 231 x 150 x 150mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, Metal, TPU, PLA
- This printer has an easy assembly and bed leveling process
- The printing quality you get here is very commendable
- It doesn’t require too much maintenance for optimal performance
- This one doesn’t make too much noise while printing
- It’s a value for money printer for beginners
- The build volume isn’t the largest
- It comes with an underqualified software
Raise3D 101016001 Pro2- Best professional grade
It’s time for another professional-grade 3D printer with a quite larger build volume. When I say professional-grade, this should take away all the questions of print quality because the print quality of such a printer is bound to be top-notch.
Something to love about the printer is the wireless connectivity option. With this compatibility option, you can print your 3D models from a distance just being on your laptop. In an office, this can be pretty handy to save some hassle and time.
This printer comes with a print resumable feature that may save your job at times. This feature will allow the printer to resume printing in case of a sudden power outage. Now, that’s a cool feature you can sure get used to.
As for the print quality, I can see nothing wrong with this. Even with long hours of printing, I didn’t find any errors whatsoever. So, print quality shouldn’t be your concern at all.
If I were to nitpick something on this one, then I would say it needs some tweaking. You won’t get the best of printing results right off the box. With some advanced settings, this reaches a new level.
- Material: Air-craft grade aluminum
- Dimension: 37 x 28.5 x 28 inches
- Weight: 130lbs
- Print volume: 304 x 304 x 300mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, Metal, TPU, PLA, Wood, Carbon Fiber, PETG, Nylon.
- The print quality of this 3D printer will exceed your expectations
- The durability of this printer is very impressive
- It comes with wireless connectivity and easy usage features
- This printer has a print resume feature for a sudden power outage
- It has a large print volume for decent model sizes
- It’s quite expensive for personal use
- This is quite heavy, so you can’t move it around too much
Geeetech A10M 3D Printer- Best budget pick
Not everyone has the patience to go through a long and tiring assembly to use a 3D printer. This is the perfect printer for those kinds of people. Within just 30 minutes of unboxing, you can start using this printer with ease.
Well, even with lower-end products, you can win the customers through excellent customer service. That’s what Geeetech is doing with their printers. You can always rely on their tech support for any kind of issues you face with the printer.
Coming to the performance aspect of this printer, I am speechless. I don’t know where I should begin with the praises. The printer is quiet, has a sturdy construction, and gives you great print results; it’s very easy to use on top of all that.
I saved the best part of this printer for the last, which is the affordability. You get absolute value for money in this printer with great quality in printing at a reasonable price.
The problem I have with this one is an uneven temperature on the build plate. For this reason, I had to go to a higher temperature to get the proper adhesion.
- Material: High-adhesion metal
- Dimension: 18.82 x 16.26 x 19.09 inches
- Weight: 23lbs
- Print volume: 220 x 220 x 260mm
- Compatible Filament: ABS, PLA, Wood, PVA, HIPS, PETG
- The printer is very affordable and worth your money
- It gives you top quality printing results
- You can start printing with this only in 30 mins
- The printer doesn’t make too much noise
- It’s very easy to use with the Wi-fi connectivity
- The build platform doesn’t heat up evenly
- It lacks lighting for printing in a darker environment
I know it can be tough to choose one single product from so many options. That’s why I will go through some factors that will help you make a buying decision. Here are the factors you should consider before buying a dual extruder 3D printer-
This is an obvious factor you should consider, no matter what printer you buy. The print quality determines how good the 3D model will look. And it’s a no-brainer that a 3D model is all about the looks in the first place, so it’s the most important consideration to make.
A great print quality means detailed prints with a proper structure and sturdiness in the 3D model. You can find a lot of choices that bring good print quality out there.
Now, this depends on your personal needs. If you are getting a printer for printing miniatures, you don’t need to spend money on a larger build volume. But if you want to print larger models, you should get a printer that serves the purpose.
Typically, a larger volume means a more expensive printer. So, you have to make two considerations here. Don’t waste your money if you will only print smaller models.
It’s always better to have options, isn’t it? That’s why you should go for printers that give you the maximum filament compatibility options. There is no harm in aiming for a higher number there.
However, you should at least go for printers compatible with ABS and PLA as these are the most common filament materials.
Ease of assembly and use:
As a beginner, you should always try going for an easy to assemble the printer. The reason here is, if you mess up the assembly, you can ruin the printer completely. This means you will be wasting your money on this.
Aside from the assembly, it’s better to get a printer that is easy to use. However, I suggest getting a printer that allows you to have advanced settings and options for learning purposes.
Purpose of the printer:
Once again, this depends on your needs. If you are getting a printer for DIY projects, you should find affordable options. That’s the smart way to go about that.
But if you are buying a printer for professional purposes, you shouldn’t compromise with the cost. You should get the best possible professional-grade printer.
To sum up, getting the best dual extruder 3D printer may seem like a daunting task, but it isn’t. Once you know your priorities, you are good to go. Still, getting so many options may be a bit overwhelming, especially when all of them are of such good quality.
Don’t worry now; I will make things easier for you. If you are looking for a budget option, then Geeetech A10M 3D Printer is the absolute best you can get for your DIY projects.
But if you need a professional-grade 3D printer, then I suggest the Raise3D 101016001 Pro2 for its professional-grade performance. Aside from these two, I root for TENLOG TL-D3 Pro as the overall best dual extruder 3D printer.
And if you have already made a favorite pick in your mind, then you can always go for that as well. None of them here lack the quality that I can assure you completely.