For better resolution in your prints and flexibility in the model, Nylon is the perfect material. You can easily print various 3D models that are much more flexible when using Nylon. The tensile strength is also awe-inspiring on a nylon printer.
So, if you are planning to print some nylon 3D models, you will need a nylon 3D printer. However, choosing a printer can be a bit difficult amongst so many different choices out there. That’s why I am here to help you out with that.
Here, I will go through the 6 best nylon 3D printers that you can find out there. These are some of the best choices considering their quality and the prints they provide with Nylon. Let’s not waste any more time and jump right into seeing the 3D printers.
We have reviewed the top-quality nylon 3D printers below. If you are in a hurry you can check out the following:
- Best overall – R QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3D Printer
- Best in performance – Dremel – 3D45-01 DigiLab 3D45
- Best in affordability – FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
Top 6 nylon 3D printer
When it came to choosing these printers, the first thing I considered was the material factor of Nylon. Then, I focused on the higher quality of the prints. So, there won’t be any compromise in the quality of these printers.
The only thing that differentiates them is their unique features and the value you get from each of them. Let’s get on with it and see how these printers hold out.
1. R QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3D Printer – Best overall
If you are looking for a complete 3D printer with a good build, performance, and top-notch quality, then this is it. It’s also compatible with almost any kind of printing material that you can find. Altogether this is a perfect printer if you have different types of needs at different times.
One of the best things about this printer is the ease of setup. You won’t have to spend hours setting up this printer. The setup process is also pretty simple if you just follow the included instruction manual. It’s easy to understand and follow along for setting up the printer without any problems. Even the bed leveling is pretty straightforward.
Another factor that I found quite impressive was the build quality. It has got that sturdy build quality along with some elegant looks. It has a clean finish that makes the printer look much more professional. The print bed is also quite large so that you can print smaller models and some larger ones with ease.
- Filament: ABS, Nylon, PLA, PETG, TPU, Carbon Fiber
- Build volume: 300x250x300mm
- Print bed: Heated
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Layer thickness: 0.05mm – 0.4mm
- Dimensions: 26 x 22.5 x 22 inches
- Weight: 50.71lbs
- The build quality of the printer is very impressive
- It’s super easy to set up, and the bed leveling is also quite simple
- The printer appears to be pretty professional as well
- This printer gives you the option to stop your print midway and change filaments
- You can connect to wi-fi and start your printing process with convenience
- The software that comes with the printer needs a bit of work
- The interface on the touchscreen panel can be a bit confusing
2. Original Prusa i3 MK3S
This is the perfect pick for someone looking to get a printer with almost all material compatibility. While it specializes in printing nylon material, it does an excellent job of serving the purpose of quality prints for almost all kinds of filament materials you can find.
The quality you get from this printer is more than enough for satisfying results. It captures most of the details in the model with nylon material. And with the magnetic heated bed, you won’t have to worry too much about printing issues either. Altogether, everything just works out perfectly when printing with Nylon on this one.
Another factor that makes it excellent is the ease of use. Whether you are considering the software or the printer’s interface, everything is easy to understand and put together. It comes with USB or SD card support, so uploading the files for printing is also very straightforward on this.
- Filament: ABS, Nylon, PLA, PETG, TPU
- Build volume: 250 x 210 x 200 mm
- Print bed: Heated
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Layer thickness: 0.05mm – 0.35mm
- Dimensions: 19.6 x 21.6 x 15.7 inches
- Weight: 24lbs
- The printer provides you with some good quality nylon models
- It’s super easy to use and setup
- The software you get along with it is excellent for beginners to learn
- It comes with compatibility for most filament types out there
- It’s a value for money option that serves good quality to the users
- There is no covering or enclosure on the printer, so you have to be careful with children or pets being around it.
- The lack of enclosure can lead to a bit of noise on this printer
3. Dremel – 3D45-01 DigiLab 3D45 – Best in performance
Are you looking to get a professional 3D printing experience? Then, this is the perfect printer for your needs. It can serve all the purposes you require in a professional quality 3D printer. The print quality is top-notch, making this a popular choice among professionals.
The printer is also superb for beginners considering the user-friendly aspect of it. It’s very easy to use and doesn’t require too much work to print high-quality and detailed prints. You can still end up with professional quality results without even having that kind of skill in 3D printing.
You can’t ask for anything better than this one in the print quality. Especially if you are just starting on your 3D printing journey, this one will surely meet every single one of your needs. The print quality is very much impressive, and you will not get disappointed with it at all.
- Filament material: ABS, PETG, TPU, Nylon, PLA, Carbon Fiber
- Build volume: 254mm x 152mm x 170mm
- Print bed: Flexible
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Layer thickness: 0.05mm
- Dimensions: 23 x 18.75 x 18.75 inches
- Weight: 42.77lbs
- The print quality you get from this printer is one of the best you can find
- It has a very easy user experience, making it suitable even for beginners.
- The printer supports a variety of Slicer software so you can work according to your liking.
- It’s very reliable in terms of customer support as they are always up to the task to solve any issues.
- You don’t need to go through any troublesome process to start this printer.
- The printer might be noisy at times but not that much
- It’s more on the expensive side of 3D printers, especially for DIYers
4. FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro – Best in affordability
Are you after quick results because you can’t make much time in your day? If so, then this is the printer you should thrive for. It’s a perfect printer for anyone who wants to work with flexible materials such as Nylon. And the best part of this is the quick printing results.
You are starting with the fact that the printer is already assembled. So, you won’t even have to bother about assembling or setting up the printer. Just get it out of the packaging, connect it and start using the printer for printing your favorite nylon models. As long as you are following the instructions, you won’t have any trouble with this one at all.
Along with the quick printing speed of this one, you also get great connectivity options. You get a wi-fi connection on this printer which makes the printing process of any 3D model much more convenient. You won’t have any trouble connecting your device to the printer either, so it all works out pretty well on this one.
- Filament material: PLA, ABS, PETG, HIPS, Nylon, Elastic, Wood
- Build volume: 200mm x 145mm x 150mm
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Dimensions: 16.14 x 22.05 x 18.9 inches
- Layer thickness: 0.1mm – 0.4mm
- Weight: 24.25lbs
- The printer comes with an excellent build quality with sturdy construction
- It yields quick printing results so you can save up some time
- You get convenience in printing with the wi-fi connectivity option
- The print quality this printer provides is simply amazing and satisfying to have
- It’s worth your money without any questions at all
- There is no option for a touchscreen to control the printer
- It tends to have a smaller build volume comparatively
5. BIBO 3D Printer Dual Extruder Sturdy Frame
When you are thinking about the durability of a printer, you can’t get better than this one. It has got a pretty sturdy frame and build that will surely last for a long time. So, if you are even a little bit concerned about the longevity of your printer, this is the perfect pick for you.
Well, it’s not just the build quality that is impressive on this printer; even the print quality is amazing. It comes with dual extruders that work exceptionally well, in perfect unison. You can have two different colors of filament going on in the same print simultaneously. How cool is that?
Along with these features, it also comes with wi-fi connectivity and compatibility with a lot of different filament materials. So, you get the convenience of working with the printer and the freedom to use any filament material you wish to use.
- Filament material: Nylon, ABS, PETG, PLA, HIPS, Carbon fiber, TPU
- Build volume: 214 x 186 x 160 mm
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Layer thickness: 0.05mm – 0.3mm
- Dimension: 21.65 x 20.16 x 17.24 inches
- Weight: 40lbs
- This one comes with pretty sturdy construction for better durability
- It has a touchscreen panel with wi-fi connectivity for easy usage
- The print quality you get from this one is thoroughly impressive
- With the power backup feature, you can rely on this one even with power outage problems
- It comes with compatibility for a lot of different filament materials
- You may find the build volume to be a bit small
- It’s very difficult to replace or change the nozzles on this one
6. Official Creality Ender 3 V2 3D Printer
Creality Ender 3 is one of the best entry-level 3D printers out there. Now, this might not be the Ender 3, but it’s a better and upgraded version, so you get the same quality of Ender 3 with some added features on version 2 of Ender 3.
It comes with a hotbed feature to make sure you can print nylon material using this one. This heats the bed of your printer much quicker and makes your prints get better adhesion. This is a necessity when you are working with nylon material for your 3D printing purposes.
With that core feature, you get plenty of other features like the print resume function. You will never have to restart your whole printing process just because there was a sudden power outage. With this one, you can simply resume your printing from the point where it stopped.
- Filament material: Nylon, PLA
- Build volume: 220 x 220 x 250 mm
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Layer thickness: 0.12mm – 0.28mm
- Dimension:18.5 x 18.7 x 24.41 inches
- Weight: 17.2lbs
- The printer is typically very easy to use even as a beginner; you shouldn’t have any trouble.
- This printer comes with a pretty hot temperature in the print bed which suits the nylon printing perfectly.
- A print resume feature on this printer helps in case of power outages.
- It’s a value for money printer that you can get with good quality
- The print quality you get from the printer is quite impressive
- The manual bed leveling of this printer can be an issue for some users
- You will need to do some upgrades on this printer to get the best results
Buying guide for the best nylon 3D printer
Well, whenever you are out there looking for the best quality in a nylon 3D printer, there are several things that you need to look for. Concerning these factors is essential because you don’t want to make a poor choice without making an informed decision. That’s why, here, I will be going through the factors that you should consider before buying a nylon 3D printer.
As you already know, Nylon is a bit different from all the other usual filament choices you get to see for 3D printing purposes. It’s well known for the flexibility factor, which doesn’t come from a printer with low-quality prints. When you are printing with Nylon, you will surely want the print quality to be top-notch.
Otherwise, you just have a cheap 3D printed model that doesn’t have the core flexibility factor in it. So, try getting a printer that provides you with top-notch print quality to meet the needs of the nylon material.
Ease of setup and use
While we all want quality and performance, we don’t want the hassle of setting things up for hours. Luckily, plenty of 3D printers are out there that satisfy you with ease of setup and print quality. Try getting the printers that are super easy to assemble and don’t take hours to set up.
Also, you will need to go for printers that are easy to use, especially if you are just getting started with 3D printing. It doesn’t matter how good the quality is if you can’t even start your printing process without messing it up.
Compatibility with materials
I mean, yes, you are getting a nylon 3D printer, but wouldn’t it be great to have compatibility for other materials as well. You wouldn’t hate to have compatibility for more and more materials. Especially, having compatibility with PLA and ABS can be a very impactful factor alongside nylon material.
Try getting a printer that can work with multiple materials and not just one. This helps you a lot in keeping diversity in your work. It’s great for DIYers as they usually don’t work with a fixed item and try to work around different things every once in a while.
When it comes to printing with nylon material, you will need to look for a metal extruder on the printer head. You can either get a printer that has a detachable extruder head, so you can simply swap between different heads according to your needs.
Or you can just get a printer with a metal-only extruder. This way, you won’t ever have to worry about switching the extruder heads at all. However, this also limits the versatility factor you would have had with a detachable extruder head.
There is no exception to a heated bed for a 3D printer that you want to use for nylon material. You must get a printer that comes with a heated bed or at least has the option to install a heated bed.
Also, you have to make sure that the heated bed is of good quality. You don’t want any inconsistency in the heat distribution on the bed at all. Without the proper bed, you will come across many 3D printing issues that can’t be avoided for the most part.
Storage of the filament
Now, aside from these, you will always have to consider the storage facility for your Nylon. It’s essential to store your nylon material in airtight containers. So, make sure that you get a printer with the proper storing features for your nylon material.
Going through these factors should be enough for getting the perfect 3D printer for Nylon. Other than that, the price can also be a factor; however, that’s more of a personal thing. If you are a DIYer or hobbyist, you can go for the affordable options as there are plenty of them.
As for professionals, you shouldn’t compromise on the quality or the performance because of the money at all. Always try going for the best possible quality in the printer.
Frequently asked questions
Well, people ask several questions regarding a nylon 3D printer a lot. Let’s check out some of the common questions.
- Can you use any 3D printer for using nylon material?
No, you can’t use just about any printer to print 3D nylon models. You have to consider some things when you want to print with nylon material. You will need to have a heated bed that suits the temperature of the Nylon for even starting the print.
Otherwise, you will end up with faulty nylon models with printing issues. Also, the extruder you use in your printer has to be a metal extruder because it can retain more heat than other extruders.
- What are the advantages of using Nylon as a filament?
You get several advantages from Nylon, which isn’t the case for some other filaments. The first one is strength. Nylon has a great tensile strength, which gives it a sturdy build.
The other factor, which makes Nylon so exceptional, is its flexibility. 3D printed nylon models are usually flexible. So, if you are looking to print something that requires a bit of flexibility, nylon is the way.
Along with these, there is the advantage of cost, availability, low odor, and so forth.
To sum up, getting the best nylon 3D printer depends on your printing needs. The kind of models you want to print, the build volume you need, and lastly, your budget for the printer. Finding a perfect pick shouldn’t be troublesome with the list I have provided you.
Still, if you are having a hard time choosing one, then I have some recommendations that you can try out. If you are looking for an affordable printer for nylon material, then the FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro is a great option to check out.
But if you are after the best performance and professional quality, then I would recommend getting the Dremel – 3D45-01 DigiLab 3D45. As for those who want a balance of price and quality, the choice has to be the R QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3D Printer.
Other than these three, you can also choose anyone from the list and end up satisfied with the quality they provide.