ANYCUBIC started as a company that provided 3D printing parts, components, and filaments until it decided to produce its own line of printers. The Mega-S is one of ANYCUBIC’s top printers which boast fast assembly, extreme precision, and a user-friendly interface.
Over many years of trying out and reviewing 3D printers of every form, model, and brand, we have never seen anything as straightforward and easy to use as the ANYCUBIC Mega S. This ANYCUBIC Mega S review will help you see if this 3D printer is the right one for your needs. Let’s get started.
ANYCUBIC Mega-S Overview
3D printing has become one of the most popular hobbies as printers have become easier to use. ANYCUBIC Mega S is a basic printer with lots of impressive features and specs. It may not be perfect as there are some drawbacks to its use, but a beginner will surely find this sufficient for his needs.
The ANYCUBIC Meg S is an updated printer, a predecessor of the Mega i3 3D printer. It’s different from the i3 when it comes to printing technologies, enhanced extruder system, and improved stability and precision. You also get larger print volumes so you can print bigger, more intricate, and professional-quality results.
The ANYCUBIC Mega –S is very easy to use, even a child can operate it. It comes with a more durable metal frame, perfect as a stable base for your prints. The Titan extruder allows more efficient, high-quality results in any type of filament. The Mega S also features an enhanced Ultrabase, with enhanced heating lattice and a special micro-porous surface.
More features make the Mega-S better, more durable, more efficient, and more favorable than other printer models and brands. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, this ANYCUBIC 3D printer could be the one you’re looking for.
The Pros and Cons of the Product
Consider the following advantages of using the ANYCUBIC Mega S
- This is one of the easiest 3D printers, fits beginner users.
- Assembly is also easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Comes with only a few components for fast and easy assembly.
- With an updated metal frame for more stable printing.
- With good quality, upgraded Titan extruder.
- Offers extreme precision and improved stability.
- Allows you to print in larger volumes with smaller machine volumes.
- With the latest Ultrabase with enhanced heating and improved adhesion.
- The finished product is easier to remove with the Ultrabase.
- With the updated Titan extruder system.
- Easier to adjust and control with the TFT touchscreen.
- Comes with a suspended filament holder/rack for smoother filament feeding.
- Works with the latest slicing software
- Works with different filaments PLA, HIPS, ABS, TPU, PETG, and Wood
- Connects using data cables and a memory card.
Take note of the following drawbacks of using the Mega S
- No wireless connections
- Only has one extruder
- Very heavy, can’t take anywhere
ANYCUBIC Mega S Specs
ANYCUBIC Mega S comes with a variety of features. From its simple, easy-to-use design to its strong, high-value metal components, this 3D printer could be the one you’re looking for.
- Dimensions: 15.94 x 16.14 x 17.83 inches, 24.3 pounds
- Compatible Slicer Software: Simplify 3D, Cura and Repetier – Host
- Software Input Formats: DAE, AMF, OBJ, and.STL
- Software Output Format: G-code 3d printer
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm/1.75 mm
- Filament Materials Accepted: ABS, TPU, HIPS, Wood, PETG, and PLA
- Printing Speeds: 20 to 100 mm/sec (recommended speeds is 60 mm/sec)
- Operating Temperatures: 8 to 40 degrees Celsius
- Extruder Temperatures: maximum of 260 degrees Celsius
- Printing Bed Temperatures: maximum of 110 degrees Celsius
- Printer Connectivity: data cable and memory card
- Number of Extruders: one
- Input Rating: 110V/220V AC at 50/60 Hz
- Voltage: 12 V DC
- Special Features: FDM, metal frame, Titan extruder, Ultrabase, TFT touchscreen, suspended rack for filament loading
ANYCUBIC Mega-S Rate
The Mega S will arrive slightly assembled and you will only need to fasten a few screws and bolts and connect the extruder arm to the machine to start printing. Once all the necessary attachments have been made, you may start by turning the power on.
You may start designating the temperature for your extruder and plate. When you’re contented with the settings, load the filament on the filament wheel and thread it until you’re on the extruder. Your 3D design will be easily recognized and printed out in just a few hours.
Probably the best feature to hit 3D printers is the control panel. The ANYCUBIC Mega S has a convenient and easy-to-use colored touchscreen panel. The menu is simplified to Print, Setup, and Tools and if you move through the menus, you can easily change settings, go through the different tools and start printing right away. And from the main screen, you can easily see the temperature of the extruder and the printing platform.
The Mega S has a basic design with a metal frame, extruder system, filament rack, printing platform, and touchscreen controller. This printer is one of the easiest to control because of its simple design setup. Compared to other 3D printers, the ANYCUBIC Mega S has hardly any exposed wiring and components.
The printing platform or Ultrabase is larger, more spacious with a unique micro-porous coating. This surface offers better adhesion but molds are easy to remove. The platform offers stable heating and will never wear off even when used repeatedly.
- Precision 3D printer
The Mega S is a high-precision 3D printer thanks to its stable base, body, and extruder system. The metal body together with the printing platform is very rigid and will never move no matter what you’re printing. And everyone knows that reduced shaking during 3D printer operation will improve the overall quality of the results.
- Offers a larger and spacious printing area
This 3D printer has a 210 mm x 210 mm x 205 mm printing size and thus, you can make so many new and intricate projects. ANYCUBIC Mega S offers a larger space to be creative and to experiment with different kinds of filaments.
And with the enhanced Ultrabase, you can use all kinds of filaments without worrying about the object sticking to the surface. It’s now easier to make molds with this stable base with rapid and efficient heating.
- New Titan extruder system
The Titan extruder system works together with the classic extruder and V5 extrusion system. This extruder system lets you use different filaments and even combine different filament colors and types. The Mega S allows you to use all kinds of filaments and will let you move from one type to another without delay.
- TFT touchscreen
The user-friendly 3.5 – inch TFT touchscreen has a simple, user-friendly menu and interface. As we mentioned before, this touchscreen offers a wide array of functions and features.it is very easy to operate and has a one-switch key that will let you switch from the Chinese to English menu in no time.
Compared to other 3D printers with dull, dark, and hard-to-understand screens, the Mega S has a bright, stunning colored screen that you can see across the room. The screen is also easy to see and thus, makes the printer easier to adjust no matter where you’re printing.
- Improved suspended filament racking system
The Mega S has an improved filament suspension rack that’s very simple and very easy to use. Because of this feeding design, the filaments are easier to load into the extruder system. This prevents blocking, jamming, and any problems with the filament. It’s also easier to organize your filament this way and thus, you can easily find what you need from storage.
Value for Money
The ANYCUBIC Mega S offers great value for your money because it has a simple design, is easy to use, and works best with almost all filaments. It is a good beginner printer for people new to 3D printing as it’s affordable and is packed with great features.
Meanwhile, the Mega S is also for professionals, it’s the right 3D printer for those who want a straightforward, easy-to-use device. People who are tired of making too many adjustments and dealing with complicated features will surely love the ANYCUBIC Mega S printer.
The Mega S printer is also very sturdy, durable and thus, won’t need frequent parts changes. You can save money, time, and effort, definitely a worthwhile 3D printer to own.
ANYCUBIC Mega S Alternatives
The ANYCUBIC Mega S offers straightforward features and easy to use design. Compare this 3D printer with other printers with almost the same specs and dimensions:
- MMK Creality Ender 5 Pro – this 3D printer is stable, durable, and quiet. Compared to other printers, it has an updated silent mainboard that can create masterpieces with less noise. It is equipped with a very durable metal extruder that has an adjustable lock or bolt. This allows you to adjust the extruder pressure to match the type of filament.
This 3D printer has an upgraded power supply, fast-heating hotbed, and improved filament tubing. This comes partially assembled so you won’t have to start from scratch.
- EGYZJ Ender 5 Pro Printer – this Ender 5 Pro 3D printer lets you use it in many applications whether you’re printing as a hobby or for work. It complements wide printing sizes of 220 x 220 x 300 mm so you can work on different projects at a time.
This 3D printer has a fast-heating nozzle and printing bed. This allows you to work on any filament material and complete all kinds of projects with ease. Meanwhile, this 3D printer is compatible with a variety of filaments including ABS, TPU, PLA, PETG, and many more. And with the double Y axis system, you can prevent vibrations due to longer use.
- Tresbro Creality Ender 3 V2 3D Printer – this 3D printer also has an upgraded mainboard that’s whisper quiet. It comes with the new Meanwell power supply which heats the extruder and printing bed quickly. This power supply also protects the printer from power spikes and outages.
This 3D printer is user-friendly, easy to use, simple, and very accessible. You don’t need to spend hours learning how to operate it. Also, it works great for beginners and even for professional users.
- Bxvaty Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer – this Ender 3 Pro 3D printer comes with an upgraded Cmagnet surface which protects the heating bed. This also allows you to remove the model right after you’re done. This printer comes semi-assembled and users say that it’s ready to use in just a few minutes.
This 3D printer comes with a powerful, efficient power supply that can remember where you left before a power outage. This feature saves you time and effort plus saves you filament material as well.
- Flashforge 3D Printer Finder Lite – Compared to the other 3D printers in our list, the Flashforge printer has a printing case for a sturdier feel. On top is an easy-to-use touchscreen that lets you access the menu and all the printer settings. This printer is quiet, with a removable printing plate, and works with all the basic filament materials.
The ANYCUBIC Mega S 3D printer is a basic printer that offers convenience, ease of use, and true value for your money. It has an updated design, better printing platform build, and easy to use touchscreen for easy changes and adjustments. The metal frame is sturdier and the extruder system has been upgraded to accommodate more filament types. The more types of filaments you can use, the more intricate and more creative projects you can make.
The Mega S may have some downsides like having a single extruder and the absence of wireless connections. But these are often overlooked by users because of their great features and impressive benefits. Because of these, we recommend the ANYCUBIC Meg S to beginners and professional users. If you think that the ANYCUBIC Mega – S 3D printer is the right 3D printer for you, check this out at this link.